Singledom

Everyday you somehow seem to come across a familiar sight where you see a couple spending time with each other and immersing themselves in a romantic atmosphere. This sight sometimes seems appealing while at times it’s appalling. It’s appealing to other lover’s and die-hard romantics, while it is appalling to singles and those who’ve recently broken up as well as to the general public at times. This is where the question of singledom comes up.

Is being single as great as it is supposed to be or is it just some sort of a phase wherein fear just doesn’t let anything happen?

So let’s start by looking at the bright side of singledom. I’ve been single all my life and it’s been a roller-coaster ride. Being single is sometimes an amazing feeling while at other times it’s just a phase that you can decide to either live with or without. The great thing about being single atleast for me is the enormous amount of freedom and independence that you’ve got going for you. Being single feels like being free to just LIVE without anything pulling you back or having a say in what you can or cannot do. Singledom has been both a blessing and a curse as well. Being single has created an environment where I’m free to interact freely without any second thought and most of the time I’m content with this. But even I have to admit that being single has its disadvantages.

Singles are happy and content with their lives most of the time but, sometimes at a very deep well hidden corner of their hearts lie a tiny bit of curiosity and anxiety to know how it feels like to be on the other side of singledom. For most singles ‘relationships’ are out of bounds, while some don’t want ‘relationships’ and another set of singles are too afraid to actually take a chance and experience something totally new. Singles are usually left behind when it comes to outings exclusively with their ‘couple’ friends and that does leave scars on the single guy/girl making them think as to whether being single really is worth it or not. While I’ m saying this please don’t think that I’m totally biased towards ‘relationships’ or something. As much as I love seeing a couple walking hand in hand, I hate all the backlash, drama, arguments and more when it comes to ‘relationships’. With ‘relationships’ you get 50% happiness and 50% sorrow, but they also bring with them a lot of lessons and an amazing opportunity to really get to know the other individual involved.

Being single by choice is a respectable decision, but can the same be said for being single due to fear? As an individual it’s very difficult to just jump at new opportunities without any forethought. It’s quite natural for someone to be afraid of trying something new but how scared can a person get? Well the answer to that question varies from individual to individual. Personally it’s quite daunting for me since it’s something I’ve never ventured into before, but and there is always a but, I am open to new experiences. For me as an individual trying something new takes time and a lot of patience. I’m not ready yet or so I think, but I guess you should never say never, so I’m going to say ‘maybe’ to a new experience.

At the end of the day when you think about the life led by both singles and couples around us it is a different and unique experience in both cases where you get to both know and learn something new.

Now getting back to the main question behind this long blog post. Singledom: By choice or due to fear? My answer, BOTH. I’m single by choice and quite happy being single but at the same time I’m still afraid of trying something new but I’m not completely against the idea in any case. Experiences are really wonderful, useful and helpful but you have to be ready for it and not just jump carelessly or even blindly at it. So if you’re single then ‘cheers’ to you but the same goes to all you ‘couples’ out there too ;) 

So what do you guys think? Feel free to drop your comments below. Till next time Ciao and bon journee ;)

Rukz

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Labour Day Fun ( May Day to some of you ppl)

Rukz Methods on how to avoid studying when 'you just have to!!!!'

Lurking Sadness, but for what?